ECU Software Integration
Heterogeneous architecture and features getting integrated to the system calls for dedicated integration team that controls total product integration.
Complex Automotive products are never developed in a single location due to varied skill sets requirements. Multiple development partners are involved from different parts of the world work jointly with the help of advanced collaboration and management tools. In this context, continuous integration of developed software modules becomes essential for early detection of integration issues. A dedicated integration team taking the total integration responsibility is a must to ensure that different subsystems communicate and coexist as per the overall product design and requirements.
The integration team is responsible for
- Define integration strategy, process, roles, tools chain, workflows and branch management.
- Continuous Integration build infrastructure setup(VCPU,MCPU,AUTOSAR Software)
- Quality checks for hardware vendor releases (reference boards)
- Quality checks for Tier 1 boards
- Quality checks for releases from other development partners
- Integration builds and release Management.
The responsibilities of the software integration team is quite broad, requiring various competencies that could span from developing glue code upto probably specifying the component supplier about the system functionality to which the component must conform
- Source Code Management Tools (GitLab/Bitbucket/ Stash)
- Static code Analysis tools (SonarQube etc.,)
- Build Management Tools (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Project Management Tools (Jira/Confluence)
- Test Automation & Defect Triaging Tools
- Data Management/Storage